The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Tracker working even when closed inside of the app

Something wrong? Report it here
henryk

[fixed] Tracker working even when closed inside of the app

Post by henryk »

I encountered the following behavior:

1. I turned on the tracker and cycled for around 30 minutes.
2. I entered a shop and spent there approximately 15 minutes. The tracker was on but probably the gps signal was lost, but I am not certain.
3. Later I cycled for next 20 minutes and at the end turned off the tracker and the geolocation, saved and cleared the track (the blue line disappeared from the map).
4. I left the application with the back button. The gps icon was certainly off at the moment.
5. However, the AlpineQuest tracker icon was still present at the top of the screen.
6. I entered the application again and made sure that the tracker was off. The icon was still on.
7. The AplineQuest tracker icon disappeared only when I turned on and off the tracker for a second.

Unfortunately this behavior may be hard to replicate. I used the tracker roughly 10 times for 10-15 km each time without a problem. The tracker anomaly appeared only once. I attribute the tracker behavior to the above mentioned Fact 2, but I am not sure. The phone is Nexus S with no modifications, Android 2.3.6.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Tracker working even when it is closed inside of the app

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for this report, I will have a look at this.
Since it seems difficult to reproduce I don't really know what I'll be able to do.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
henryk

Post by henryk »

It happened to me again, still I do not see a visible pattern :) However, I have found two other things which should be possible to reproduce. I will describe them in separate topics.
henryk

Post by henryk »

With regard to this topic as well as similar behavior mentioned in the topic

http://forum.psyberia.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=920

I have the following conjecture. Namely, it seems to me, that tracker does not like to be in one position. That is, standing in one place for a number of minutes causes the tracking process to start to live its own life as in 1-5 above. True or false, the conjecture is easy to verify :) and will keep watching this behavior.