The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Auto-routing

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Auto-routing

Post by alexlong »

Hi.

Is it possible (will it be possible) with Auto-routing to build a route from placemarks?
Example:
I want to Auto-route from point A to point B.
I set point A on the map, point B is in my placemarks. To build Auto-routing now, I must first open point B so that it is displayed on the map. Then I have to move to it (center of the screen to the point) and click +LOCATION.
Maybe it makes sense to extend the functionality of the +LOCATION button to offer a choice - to indicate a point on the map or to find it among Placemarks?
Basically the same is true for point A. If there is going to be such an option, why not select the start point directly from the Auto-routing menu instead of indicating it on the map. In other words, it would be nice to have Auto-routing so that there is an alternative choice of indicating points on the map or selecting them from Placemarks.
Auto-routing.png
(399.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Ingensor

Re: Auto-routing

Post by Ingensor »

alexlong
Hi,
Then it is important to consider not only points A and B, but also C, D, E ... right?
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Absolutely right.
I just meant that it would be convenient to select desired points from the Placemarks list in addition to the current way the positions can only be placed on the map.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I use a number of applications with Auto-routing, and my practical experience shows that AlpineQuest is often more convenient in certain situations than applications that were originally designed for Auto-routing navigation, such as Google Maps, Yandex Maps, and TomTom etc.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I'll have a look at this.
I recently thought about improving the auto-routing when using the BRouter offline service anyway (does not require internet and it fast). Like previewing the auto-routing while you're still moving the cursor (and not wait for press "Add location"). And using an option to use auto-routing instead of the straight target line...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !