The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Track recorder: Option to stop recording when in car.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
kamov

Track recorder: Option to stop recording when in car.

Post by kamov »

Hey there, I am a happy user of your app for almost 10 years now, everything works well for me except one thing: Many times when I finish hiking I forget to stop recording tracks when I reach my car so it still records while driving, I usually only see it when I get home :?
So I have to delete all the tracks manually one by one, very annoying.

Possible solutions and improvements:

-Better track points editing- currently you have to click once for every point deleted, it would be better to enable holding the delete button and delete multiple points at once.
-Enabling dayhike setting: Detecting that you reached your starting point and automatically stops recording or prompts you if you wish to stop it.
Or maybe detection you reached your car by bluetooth or other means (not reliable if it's not your car), detecting the unusual high speed etc.
-New placemark - end track recording with proximity setting

Thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track recorder: Option to stop recording when in car.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi kamov,
Thank you for your support and feedback.

You can already split a track at any location you want, and delete the second par in a few taps, please see here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... _of_a_path
Split a track in 2 segments with option 9. Delete the whole second segment with option 10.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
helwin

Post by helwin »

Splitting tracks and deleting the split part feels kinda awkward, because how do you know which part is deleted? So could you make this process more clear, or add an undo function?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

helwin, do it in 2 times, first split the track, then click on any location part of the second track segment
and choose delete under "track segment 2".

An undo button is in the waiting list ("Undo button in the route creator" here) but I don't know when it will be available.
suntalla

Post by suntalla »

Hi,I recognize the problem. But what makes life easy is the option to change colour. Tap change colour for the part you want to delete. Tap different colour then select delete. No mistake possible.
Friendly greetings
Jos
suntalla

Post by suntalla »

Hi again, forgot to mention if your not happy with the part that changed colour change it back, bring out the old scissors again and repeat. It solved the problem of unwanted deleting for me.
Friendly greetings
Jos
kamov

Post by kamov »

Not Ideal, but thanks, much appreciated.
helwin

Post by helwin »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:16 am helwin, do it in 2 times, first split the track, then click on any location part of the second track segment
and choose delete under "track segment 2".
I tried this now, and after splitting there is no visual reference to that? Still feels awkward...
helwin

Post by helwin »

suntalla wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:55 pm Hi,I recognize the problem. But what makes life easy is the option to change colour. Tap change colour for the part you want to delete. Tap different colour then select delete. No mistake possible.
Friendly greetings
Jos
Oh. Ok, that´s nice, thank you. Problem solved.
helwin

Post by helwin »

helwin wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:04 pm
I tried this now, and after splitting there is no visual reference to that? Still feels awkward...
Maybe you could replace the small black dot that appears on the track with a scissors symbol to make this more clear?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

There are various improvements planned for the edition tool, I'll try to improve this part too.