The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

I wouldn't say successfully completed if there was so many errors

Any question about the app? Ask it here
jidanni

I wouldn't say successfully completed if there was so many errors

Post by jidanni »

Here, saying successfully completed, is misleading. Yes the orange bar is a clue and indeed it says there was many errors. So I wouldn't call it successfully completed at all because in fact most of the things we wanted didn't get downloaded at all.
jidanni

Re: I wouldn't say successfully completed if there was so many errors

Post by jidanni »

Yes, you can say I'm talking about this particular open topo map, but I'm actually talking about the general problem of seeing the words 'successfully completed.'
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

Also note, that the black text, on the orange background, is quite hard to read.
hamish

Post by hamish »

It is just shows that the AQ task has completed, normally there will be a few errors as the select and save an area process progresses then the last stage in the process is retrying to fetch those error tiles.

Would "Task Completed" be better wording from the jidanni point of view

Although I like the styling of the Open Topo map I rarely use it because of very poor download speeds and lots of errors

I just tried an area OpenTopoMap with 230 tiles (5.37MB), to start with there were 80 errors, when AQ tried these tiles again that reduced to 50 errors. task completed. repeated same area, 29 errors, repeated again 26 errors, repeated again 24 errors, repeated again five more times couldn't get below 24 errors.
jidanni

Post by jidanni »

Maybe say: "Finished. 345/543(59%)tiles downloaded."
And then also mention how many errors there was like you do right now already.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes you're right, I'll update the message and see if I can display the percentage of errors when finished.

Concerning the OpenTopoMap, it's currently very busy, and if the requested area is not already generated (in cache), it takes more time to process and answer than AQ does wait.
If you try again a few seconds later, the area has been generated and put in cache so it usually works.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !