The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Default zoom levels

Something wrong? Report it here
Toshka

[done] Default zoom levels

Post by Toshka »

In previous versions of AlpineQuest the default zoom level was always 1:1 but I can't seem to set up version 1.2.6 to behave in the same way. As you click through the layers using the +/- buttons the zoom slider doesn't follow the '1'. Using 'All zoom range' the slider is frozen but the '1' position changes with each layer. Using the other settings the slider seems to change randomly from layer to layer. I'm using offline maps with one layer per file and I've got 'AQM fake layers' unticked.

Would it be possible if you could add an option to set the default zoom level for each layer to 1:1.

Thanks.
Toshka.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Default zoom levels

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The '+' and '-' buttons will actually behave in two different ways depending on the new level set:
- If the '+' button will just select another level of the same map (in a multi-level map), the the zoom ratio is reseted to 1:1 for this new level;
- If the '+' button will select another map, the new zoom ratio is set so that the new map will have the same scale than the previous one.
If I clearly understand you, you would like that the second point also reset the zoom ration to 1:1 ?
I agree with you in the way that the current behavior is a inconsistent, and that '+'/'-' buttons should always reset zoom ratio to 1.
I will change that is next version, thanks.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Toshka

Post by Toshka »

Yes, you understand me correctly.

Thanks for considering this change.
Toshka
Toshka

Post by Toshka »

The zoom levels for the +/- buttons now work perfectly. Many thanks.

Selecting a map from the menu, though, seems to have a random zoom level as before, but no big deal.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
Concerning the zoom when selecting a map from the menu that's right I didn't change it: the new zoom level is still set so that the new displayed map has the same scale than the one previously displayed. But I'm not sure if that's still a good idea, maybe I should change this too...
Best regards.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !