The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Unable to download landmark files in Android 11 (ENOENT: no such file

Something wrong? Report it here
eas

[closed] Unable to download landmark files in Android 11 (ENOENT: no such file

Post by eas »

Screenshot_20220405-enoent.png
Error message
(277.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Used AQ for many years. Now on v. 2.3.0. Files stored in external storage under Android/data so uninstall/reinstall is out of the question.

Used to be able to either copy landmarks/* to a backup folder or a cloud account, or zip up landmarks and copy the zip file. The last time this worked was October 2021 on Android 9 phone.

This no longer works with my new phone running Android 11.

I am using X-plore file manager app which is supposed to be an Android 11 compatible file manager. The copy fails after the file has been read in, when the app tries to close out the write operation. You have to tap 'skip' for each file, a bit tedious when there are many files
Screenshot:
Screenshot_20220405-enoent.png
Error message
(277.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
When I tried copying landmarks/* to a cloud account over 90% of the files were zero bytes.

So I guess the first question is - can anyone recommend a file manager which will backup AQ files on Android 11?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Unable to download landmark files in Android 11 (ENOENT: no such file

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Actually I just got the same problem with X-plore file manager.

However, with "Cx File Manager" (seems to be completely free with no ads), I was able to copy my "placemarks/" folder outside of the AlpineQuest specific folder, and then compress it from it's new location. Strangely, I was not able to compress this folder from the AlpineQuest folder.

I've started a section about data access in Android 11 here, that I'll keep up to date with new versions.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !