The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] New menu when selecting a displayed placemark bug

Something wrong? Report it here
Sky

[fixed] New menu when selecting a displayed placemark bug

Post by Sky »

Hi,

when i was testing the last beta 2.3.0.R7520, i found that in case of a lot of SHP file areas, there is a very slow display information when tap on area. If there is just a few of areas the speed is ok.

It would be good that the information box size would be wide to the whole screen, like in previous versions.

I'd like thai if i dont select any option like (lenght, speed, pace...), that the display of information should be like in previous versions.

There should be an option to display the area size (ex.: 1,15 ha, like lenght 2,3 km) as well.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: New menu when selecting a displayed placemark bug

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedbacks.
i found that in case of a lot of SHP file areas, there is a very slow display information when tap on area.
I'll make more test then, thanks.
It would be good that the information box size would be wide to the whole screen, like in previous versions.
This has not changed, try to change the info box size in the app settings.
I'd like thai if i dont select any option like (lenght, speed, pace...), that the display of information should be like in previous versions.
Yes good idea.
There should be an option to display the area size (ex.: 1,15 ha, like lenght 2,3 km) as well.
You're right, I'll try to add this.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Sky

Post by Sky »

"It would be good that the information box size would be wide to the whole screen, like in previous versions.

This has not changed, try to change the info box size in the app settings."

There is a change in display.

I would suggest you to replicate this with some previous versions.

Create some area with a name and a few lines of description and you will see the difference in displaying the data.

Otherwise this is my best application.

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
About the information box, ok I understand. It's just that I call information boxes the white boxes at the top/left part of the screen.
And when you select an item on the map I call this a displayed placemark "popup".
Then yes you're right the popups have changed a little bit, the main reason is that I don't want the popups to cover the area where you did tap. This way you can double tap easily without clicking on the popup.

Anyway I have just published a new beta (2.3.0.r7560) with some additional changes in the popups. Now only a few items are displayed when you tap a crowded area, this way the popups do not fill the whole screen.
If you tap on one or two items, it hasn't changed.
If you don't like this new behavior I have added an user setting to disable it.

Otherwise in the new beta I've included your requests:
- You can select information for areas;
- If you select no information to display, then the popups display like before;
- When you select a place with a lot of items, it should be much faster to display the popup.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Sky

Post by Sky »

Thank you very much. It works perfect now.