The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[solved] Problem copying and exporting placemarks

Something wrong? Report it here
bigsundog

[solved] Problem copying and exporting placemarks

Post by bigsundog »

I'm using the latest version of Alpinequest (full) on a Samsung tablet running Android 11. I am having difficulty exporting placemarks such as tracks and waypoints to use in a GPS or other GPS PC apps. My current workaround is to re-create the track in something like Memory Map on pc and then export the track as a gpx file. Not ideal!

I've looked in the forum and searched extensively, with no joy. I've seen some discussion of placemarks problems, but none of the solutions work for me.

I can locate the required placemarks in the Android filing system, but when I attempt to copy and paste elsewhere it is not permitted. I have tried converting, sharing and exporting, all with the same result. When I attach to an email, the email remains in my outbox and nothing happens. I am conversant with the filing system and generally manipulating files, but this has me beat. Is there something obvious I am missing, or doing wrong?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Problem copying and exporting placemarks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
When you export a placemark from the app (for example in the GPX format), the application will give you the full path of the exported file. You also have a "Share" and "Open with" button to send the file directly to another app (Drive, email, etc).
Alternatively you can use any Android file manager compatible with Android 11, and go in the folder of the exported file to do whatever you want with it. If you file manager is not compatible with Android 11, it won't be able to see the application folder and the exported file (new security measures in Android 11).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
bigsundog

Re: Problem copying and exporting placemarks

Post by bigsundog »

I was using Mobisystems File Commander which seems to have been causing the problem. I switched to X-plore and this seems to have solved it. So looks to be an issue with Android 11, at least with File Commander. I could see the files I wanted to use, but File Commander would copy but not paste. I could attach files to email, but they would not send!

Thanks. :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [solved] Problem copying and exporting placemarks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok great, thanks for the feedback.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !