The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Distance (length) display in Explorer mode

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Distance (length) display in Explorer mode

Post by alexlong »

Is it possible to change the display of the distance (Length) in the Explorer mode view?
For example, now it is displayed as follows: 4.6 km.
I would like to see as 4.64 km, that is, with two decimal places.

If this is not a serious basic setting, then I ask you to consider adding this to user settings list.

Thanks in advance.
Ingensor

Re: Distance (length) display in Explorer mode

Post by Ingensor »

core.distances.condensed_factor_decimals=2
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Is it a "regular" user settings string or is it something like undocumented features?
Do you think it is better to apply it as a regular behavior and always display 4.53 instead of 4.5?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes, in the explorer mode the precision is voluntarily reduced so numbers can displayed bigger.
By default there is only one decimal precision, but you can change this using the settings given by Ingensor.

Know I realize it can be done better (depending on the size of the number):
- if the distance is less than 10 km, I can display decimal 2 digits (use the regular setting precision), this way you have 3 significant figures;
- if the distance is between 10 and 100 km, I can display 1 decimal (use the "reduced precision" setting), it will still have 3 significant figures;
- if the distance is greater then 100 km, only one decimal will be displayed in very small (this is already the case for the "done so far" display).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Thanks. I think it is a very good idea. It would be great to see it in AlpineQuest.