The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Explorer mode - missing Follow path and ETA: Missing Elevation details

Something wrong? Report it here
pinkyperk

[fixed] Explorer mode - missing Follow path and ETA: Missing Elevation details

Post by pinkyperk »

I have really found the Explorer mode useful on walks with much helpful information about the path being followed, i.e. distance, ascent and a graph showing the details. I have particularly found it helpful getting an estimate of the time remaining on a path, which I have found to be very accurate. When walking with a group it is great to be able to give an indication of when the walk is likely to end. This feature is normally accessed after clicking on "Follow Path". Since the app has updated, these functions i.e. "Follow Path" and time remaining seem to be missing. I was just wondering if this is a bug or whether these very useful features have been removed from AQ. If the latter, it would be great if they could be re-instated.

When I open Explore Mode now the Follow Path option has been replaced by Auto target closest. I have not myself needed this function, and if there are many waypoints on the route the closest waypoint may only be a short distance from my current position.

One other thing is that I find useful when I open a route in AQ to check the details which previously gave me the linear distance as well as ascent / descent. Doing so now, from a recent update, I only seem to get the linear distance. For me the full statistics are helpful in estimating what the route involves and the duration of the walk (using Naismiths rule). Is there a reason why the elevation information is now missing? and if possible can this be included once again.

As always I find AQ to be the most helpful mapping application and I do appreciate all the work that goes into it, including the regular new features.

David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Explorer mode - missing Follow path and ETA: Missing Elevation details

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi David,
Sorry for the troubles.
This is indeed a problem in the last 2.2.7 version that has published recently (for some users only, mainly beta users).
I'll publish a corrected version by tomorrow.
Sorry for the troubles.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Tom

Post by Tom »

I also have similar problems in the latest release. Route statistics only show distance. Elevation data etc is missing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Tom
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

This is now corrected in version 2.2.7b currently being released.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Tom

Re: [fixed] Explorer mode - missing Follow path and ETA: Missing Elevation details

Post by Tom »

Lovely,
Thanks for the update
Tom