The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] No way to disable new ETA feature

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [done] No way to disable new ETA feature

Post by Psyberia-Support »

You're right there is something no right.
What about displaying the texts even if "Display distance line" is turned off? This way you can have all possibilities (line + no text, line + texts, no line + no texts, no line + texts)...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.
Where this text should be dispalayed?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

At the same place than when you display the distance line.
I've tested it and I like it, I'll try to make a new beta with it soon so you can test.
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

Psyberia-Support

Hello! :)
I got the 259 version (R6488) seems to be earlier in previous versions was more comfortable with the distance line, namely:
- I Came into the forest, including the distance line and walking through the woods
- Out of the woods, got into the car - shut distance line (the text is also turned off)

Now every time you need to switch off and switch on and the distance line and the text you want ... (lots of clicks, right?)
And yet the text settings not in the place where they began to search for (the information box, and is configured completely different)

I suggest setting a line of text and move to the main settings (screenshot), where their people can quickly turn on and off and quickly and easy find.
How do you think? :)

alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:54 am At the same place than when you display the distance line. I've tested it and I like it, I'll try to make a new beta with it soon so you can test.
Hi, François! I got the new beta. I see you made it in some other way? It works now if both Display distance line is on or off.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Ingensor wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 am I suggest setting a line of text and move to the main settings (screenshot), where their people can quickly turn on and off and quickly and easy find.
I would like to propose another.
Let's leave the the Positionig status as it is, Positioning → Information box → Positionig status with a check-box. The check-box shows or hides the information on the screen as it was before. But I would remove the settings (distance, bearing, elevation, ETE etc.) from the Positionig status and make it as a separate feature in Positioning → Options section.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I wonder why only distance is displayed when I moving? I chose distance and ETE but I do not see ETE on the screen while moving though I am interested in it. I can see ETE only in case I shift the map. The same thing is with bearing info.
Is it a bug or a feature?
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ZpEN/4L84tEkr8
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

alexlong wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:43 pm
Ingensor wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 am I suggest setting a line of text and move to the main settings (screenshot), where their people can quickly turn on and off and quickly and easy find.
I would like to propose another.
Let's leave the the Positionig status as it is, Positioning → Information box → Positionig status with a check-box. The check-box shows or hides the information on the screen as it was before. But I would remove the settings (distance, bearing, elevation, ETE etc.) from the Positionig status and make it as a separate feature in Positioning → Options section.
Yes, Alex, your offer looks better! ;) Attached screenshot below, you are about this mean?

alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I would better give a different name for this option.
I don't think Distance line and ETA is an appropriate name.
Secondly why do you think Distance line should be removed from the Settings and moved here?
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

alexlong wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:54 pm Secondly why do you think Distance line should be removed from the Settings and moved here?
And as you will then be able to quickly and easily turn on/off and line and text at the same time??? :roll:
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:54 am At the same place than when you display the distance line.
I've tested it and I like it, I'll try to make a new beta with it soon so you can test.
Psyberia-Support

Hi, François! (you name is François, right? :) )
Tell me please, you leave the settings as they are ETA now or make their position any different?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

@alexlong: "I wonder why only distance is displayed when I moving?"
There are actually 2 "distance lines":
- The GPS Location distance line, that goes from the GPS location to the screen center;
- The Target distance line, that goes from the screen center to the target location.
They both have their own settings, the first in the Positioning menu, the second in the Placemarks menu.
I understand it's a bit confusing, but it's even more on your device because you've set everything to black color with (too much? ;) ) user settings. By default, one line is blue (GPS location color), the other one is purple (target color). Same for the text colors.
If you want to see the ETE to the target, you must first update to the last beta (2.2.7.r6517/260), and select "ETE" in the Placemarks -> Options menu.

@Ingensor: "seems to be earlier in previous versions was more comfortable with the distance line"
I've added the user setting to get back to the previous behavior. Just put

Code: Select all

geolocation.localisation.allow_center_texts_without_line=0
and the texts will be hidden when there no distance line.
I understand your ideas, but for me the distance line is not meant (at least for most people) to be turned on/off often, this is why I only put an user setting. Most of the time you'll have the GPS location at center and nothing is displayed anyway. Also, it's faster to do like this, I can now work on something else.

Also, I agree the texts are not the best ones. This is because when possible I reuse existing texts, even if it's not perfect. There are now 19 translation, each time I make one text change I need to update all languages, use bad google translation or contact translators, it does take a lot of time. So when I find a similar translation, I reuse it.
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

If you want to see the ETE to the target, you must first update to the last beta (2.2.7.r6517/260)
Hi, François.
I'll try it as soon as I get it. So far I have an actual version 2.2.7.r6488/259
And how about this?
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I would like to suggest the following
POSITIONING → INFORMATION BOX → Positioning status
Leave as it is now
Remove settings (gear icon on the right)
Leave the checkbox as it is (display/not to dispalay, that’s correct)
POSITIONING → OPTIONS → A new field
So far I do not know how to name it, sorry.
Move here the data from the Settings of the Positioning status (Distance, Bearing, Elevation Gain/Loss, ETE)
In the same place, make a new item - change the size of the data on the screen. What I see now is very shallow by default. I use user settings and I did not pay attention to it but one day I switched the user settings off and I was very surprised how small are all the characters on the screen (Distance, Bearing, Elevation Gain/Loss, ETE).
To change data I offer either a slider or as it is done in the circular scale (size Tiny Small Medium Big Very big or something like this)

PLACEMARKS → INFORMATION BOX → Target information
Leave as it is now
Remove settings (gear icon on the right)
Leave the checkbox as it is (display/not to dispalay, that’s correct)
Placemarks labels move form OPTIONS to INFORMATION BOX
PLACEMARKS → OPTIONS → A new field
So far I do not know how to name it, sorry.
Move here the data from the Settings of the Target information (Distance from the screen center, Bearing, Elevation Gail_loss, ETE)

In the same place, make a new item - change the size of the data on the screen. To change data I offer either a slider or as it is done in the circular scale (size Tiny Small Medium Big Very big or something like this)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi Again Alex,

I understand your request and it make sense, but I try to limit the settings and items in the menus. The main complain I get on the app is that there is already too much settings and stuff everywhere that most people do not use and that make the interface and use too much complicated.

Note that the size of the texts in the middle can already be changed in the application settings -> Placemarks section -> Display size.

For the ones that need much bigger texts, they can use the Explorer mode which is dedicated to use when outside. The regular mode is for planning and texts are smaller so you can have more information.

The initial request was "No way to disable new ETA feature", my plan was just to add a new setting for this. Even if it's not perfect, it does the job. Maybe in the future I'll improve the menu and be able to add more settings, and maybe add a separate settings as you suggest.