The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Multiple on-board maps displayed, next in-bounds map not displaying

Something wrong? Report it here
hamish

[done] Multiple on-board maps displayed, next in-bounds map not displaying

Post by hamish »

When using an on-board map and another on-board map added as a layer, when you go off the edge of the map the next in-bounds map does not display.

(This is a slight variation on this issue previously fixed :) : viewtopic.php?t=2172 )

AlpineQuest Off-Road Explorer 2.2.6
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Multiple on-board maps displayed, next in-bounds map not displaying

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Hamish and sorry for the delay.
Yes, the "auto-load" new map feature only works when only one regular map is displayed.
After some changes made following the post your refer, now it also work when you have one or multiple layers above.
But it still request only one main map (the one that will be replaced), in order to keep things clear and simple for the user (if you have multiple maps displayed and some of them start to change as you move the map, a lot of users will be confused).

If you need to deal with multiple maps covering multiple areas, you can always display them together: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... _selection
Or use a favorite set for each base map (and multiple layers): https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... s_and_sets
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
hamish

Post by hamish »

Thanks for your reply,

Would it be possible to use user_settings.conf to enable "auto-load" new map when multiple regular maps are displayed?

I've got some large shapefiles, which AQ struggles to load (or some are too big), so using QGIS I converted them to raster MBTiles, which then work in AQ as a map layer (with transparent background).
Better performance and no trouble loading (biggest file is 1.2GB) . So really I'm trying to display data that would normally be loaded though placemarks but displays more efficiently as a tiled map.

AlpineQuest Off-Road Explorer 2.2.7.r6517
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The MBTile format does support both map and layer types and AQ is able to handle this.
If you can't figure out how to specify this in QGIS, you can open the MBTile file with any SQLite editor, and add this line to the metadata table:

Code: Select all

type ---> overlay
This way your maps will be layers and everything will work as both of us expect.
hamish

Post by hamish »

I've confirmed that "type overlay" is already present in the metadata of the MBTiles file.
AQ handles it as an overlay, but when another map is loaded and i go over the edge the next map still doesn't load.

I have messaged you a link to a zip archive containing two adjacent file based maps with a MBTiles map/layer/overlay that covers the area.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks, I got the files.
I can confirm that it's not working as intended, you're absolutely right.
I'll fix this asap. Sorry for the troubles.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I've just released beta version 2.2.7.r6537 that should fix this problem.

While having my hands in the code, I've added this user setting:

Code: Select all

maps.features.offlinemaps.permissive_autoload=1
so that the auto-loading of a new map does work for the bottom most map even if you have other maps (not only layers) over it (initial request).
hamish

Post by hamish »

Thanks for taking the time to sort this, it works great now.

I can now merge some big shapefile maps into MBTiles for display in AQ.
Like areas defined under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 (CROW Act) that normally gives a public right of access to land mapped as ‘open country’ (mountain, moor, heath and down) or registered common land (England) https://naturalengland-defra.opendata.a ... cess-layer the downloaded Shapefile is too large for AQ, but displays nicely when converted to MBTiles using QGIS.

AlpineQuest 2.2.7.r6537