The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Search a location - (location name)

Any question about the app? Ask it here
RokPolanec

[done] Search a location - (location name)

Post by RokPolanec »

Hi,

firstly thanks for this awesome application.

I tried the lastest version, but I found out that I can't search anymore through SHP file contents. In previous versions it was possible even without internet connection.
It would be great if you could add this search possibility again.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Rok
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Search a location - (location name)

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Sorry about this problem.
It will be fixed in the next update. From the Play Store, you can request beta updates to get the fixed version before the official release.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
RokPolanec

Post by RokPolanec »

Hi,

Thank you for update.

I tested it and it is great now, but it would be nice if you could add "DISPLAY ALL" option again.
I'm wondering if it is possible to change the SHPfile width for lines, like it was in previous version.

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Rok
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
The "DISPLAY ALL" action was and still is available only when you search online locations by name, and have multiple results.
If you search among your displayed placemarks, then all the results are already displayed.

Concerning the width of lines, it has never been available. But it's in the wanted features list.
RokPolanec

Post by RokPolanec »

Hi,

"DISPLAY ALL" was available in previous version even for placemarks. It was convinient, because if I have multiple result it was saved in "SET OF WAYPOINTS". I could even change the color of this waypoints and when zoom-out map, I could see where all the placemarks are located.

In previous version the lines of SHPFILE were widther which means better visibility outdoor.

It would be highly appreciated if you could add this function again.

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I'll have a look at all that.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I've released version 2.2.5.
I've added a "Display all" button when searching displayed placemarks too, so you can get a similar behavior as before.
Concerning the width of areas, the default value had changed, you're right.
You can increase the width using this user setting, for example add this line in the "user_settings.conf" file:

Code: Select all

landmarks.painter.outlines_factor=2.5
RokPolanec

Re: [done] Search a location - (location name)

Post by RokPolanec »

Hi,

Thank you for update.

I tested it but found another bug conserning "SET OF WAYPOINTS". When you go to displayed placemarks and click on the created WAYPOINTS it doesn't browse them. You need to click a browse button.
It would be great if the waypoints would be created in the middle of the object (e.g. SHP area object) like in previous version.

I found another bug for "EDIT COLOUR". If I set opacity to 0% and click some colour button the opacity stays 100%

Thank you for a great work.

Regards.

P.s.

When we could expect boundary alert ? I badly need it for professional use.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
- Concerning the set of waypoints, this is the new wanted behavior. When clicking on a route/set/area, you move over the first location of this item;
- For the points at the middle of the areas, I'll have a look and see what I can do;
- The edit colors buttons are predefined colors that have no transparency.
RokPolanec

Post by RokPolanec »

Hi,

- concerning the points at the center of the areas it was perfectly working in previous versions.

- it would be great, if predifined colors
would consider the opacity value. If i set opacity to 0% and tap some color button, then it should color the object with defined opacity.

With testing the 2.2.5B version i found some other minor bugs.

1. when start TRACK RECORDINGS, the error message show up instead of sound for start recording. Sound doesn't work even for proximity alerts.

2. when you tap track recorder menu and try to rename default name "Track", the soft keyboard does not show up.

3. when tracks are automatically saved, there are not the same name in DISPLAYED PLACEMARKS (name of track is e.g. TRACK 1 and in EXPLORE PLACEMARKS (name of track is e.g. TRACK).

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I have released version 2.2.5c.
- Search areas: the point will now go in the center of areas;
- Predifined colors: long-press a predefined color to select it without removing the dialog, then change the opacity and press OK.
- TRACK RECORDINGS, error message: this is because you use an pirated version and not the official one (from Play Store or our website). Would be great if you consider to get the official version based on all the time I've spent on your requests.
- Soft keyboard does: currently trying to find a correction for this.
- TRACK 1 is only displayed is the list, not on the map.
RokPolanec

Post by RokPolanec »

Hi again,

Thank you for updates. It now works great.

You are right I was using pirated version only because I wanted to test it out before purchase. I found this application very useful for me, and I can say that this is one of the best application I have ever used. I now purchased it. You really deserve to be paid for such a great work.

I would like to ask you again when do you think the boundary alert will be available. It would be very useful functionality for my job.

Regards.