The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Small arrows on path display. A little more informative?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Pascal5

Small arrows on path display. A little more informative?

Post by Pascal5 »

The display of the recorded path on the map is nice, yet there is room for some small improvements.

For now, the small arrows displayed on the path seem to be displayed on an equidistant manner, without knowing precisely what distance separate two arrows. It would be nice that this distance would have a well-defined value (for instance 50m, 100m, eventually adapted according to the current map scale), so as evaluating the path distance between two points would be easy to perform with just a glance.

Or, even better, could those arrows point precise hours during the path recording on regular time intervals? For example arrows shown at 11h00, 11h10, 11h20 and so on. So, with just a glance, we could see how much time it took to walk from here to there anywhere on the path...

Just some suggestions for improving an already fantastic piece of software...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Small arrows on path display. A little more informative?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Pascal, and sorry for the delay.
Yes you're right, the arrows are drawn along the path with no particular indication.
The idea is good. I'll need to have a closer look and see how much work it is, because I'll not be able to draw the arrows automatically, I'll need to make all the computations my self, so it may be quite some work. I add this to the waiting list so I don't forget it.

Note that there is already a way to show the distance using automatic coloring (fc image 11): https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... c_coloring
Unfortunately you cannot do this for the track you're currently recording.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !