The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[added] Reverse path/ route

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pinkyperk

[added] Reverse path/ route

Post by pinkyperk »

It would be very useful to be able to convert a track/ path / route so that it goes in reverse. Sometimes it is easier when plotting a track on AQ to start at the end and work back to the beginning. Then if there was the facility for reversing it completely there is an accurate picture of the route with dynamic profile etc. Also when using gpx tracks/ routes which have been transferred from another device sometime it is desirable to walk the route in reverse. I am aware that there is the facility in AQ to follow a path in reverse, but saving a track so it works the other way would be really helpful.

I have found recent additions to the app very helpful, e.g. seeing an estimate of the time to reach a certain distance ahead and the app is also working well now with my Xiaomi phone.

Many thanks for continuing the development of Alpinequest.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Reverse path/ route

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
As you highlighted when you use the "Follow path" feature, you can already choose to follow the path/route in reverse order (option 4 here:
https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... ollow-path). I think it covers most uses without adding too much editing tools. I'm not against adding such tools, but it will require quite some work so I cannot give you any availability date for now (the waiting features list is incredibly long)...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
avonwyss

Post by avonwyss »

I am surprised that this is not possible, given that one can split and merge tracks/routes. I had two segments which I needed to join but due to the inability to reverse one of these this was not possible - no matter how I tried, I would always get a long connecting line between the two merged segments and thus also a completely wrong total length.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190613-100841.png
(154.94 KiB) Downloaded 904 times
Screenshot_20190613-100909.png
(152.46 KiB) Downloaded 904 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I add this feature in the wanted features list. Right now I cannot tell when I'll be able to work on it.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This feature is now available in version 2.2.8 currently being released.