The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

which phone & OS grid ref

Any question about the app? Ask it here
MikeIOW

which phone & OS grid ref

Post by MikeIOW »

Hi there,
I'm curious if anyone has either a hi-res large screen phone (eg Samsung Galaxy Note) or indeed any 7" tablet working with this app ? Is it possible to get OS maps somehow at reasonable prices ?

Also: can it provide UK OS grid reference positions (rather than longitude & latitude) ?

thanks!
Mike
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: which phone & OS grid ref

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for you interest in AlpineQuest.
The application is can display OS grid coordinates. OS maps can be found as MemoryMaps (.QCT files) on the Internet. You can also check the community maps from the application.
I really suggest you to test the free version of the application one someone else phone.

Note also that a tablet and a smart-phone (even with a large screen) are very different:
My phone is with me anytime, I can read my emails, browse the net, write notes, etc. everywhere.
That's wouldn't be the case with a tablet, because you don't bring it every time you get out. You have to anticipate when you need it.
From my point of view a tablet doesn't replace a phone, but it acts more like a laptop... You have to think what you would need more.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !