The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

AlpineQuest not showing up in Android Market

Any question about the app? Ask it here
seadog

AlpineQuest not showing up in Android Market

Post by seadog »

Hi,

Using x10 mini and the app is not showing up in the market.

I have downloaded the free one from your site and installed and it works fine.

I really need gpx tracks though so was after the paid for version but I can't find it on the market.

Any thoughts

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AlpineQuest not showing up in Android Market

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I made some modifications on the publishing options yesterday. Maybe you should try a search again.
The distribution of both versions have not been limited in any way, so at least the free version should be available in every market (paid app are not available in some countries).
According to the explanation of one AlpineQuest user, it may take some time to see all applications in the market for new devices and firmawares.

The full version should be distributed outside of the market soon (we hope under one month).
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
seaDog

Post by seaDog »

No still not showing up, I have used your Neo image, search on alpinequest and your company name. Nothing !

I am in the UK, does that make any difference ?

thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Both versions are on the UK market (http://uk.androlib.com/r.aspx?r=alpinequest), and I have orders from the UK.
I hope the Market will list them soon.
Regards

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem and I wonder if it is something to do with the fact that, for phones with a smaller screen, the Android Market will not list any Android app that doesn’t expressly state in its manifest that the app will display and function correctly on a QVGA resolution?

I found this in the article which explains the problem:
http://androinica.com/2009/10/11/htc-ta ... on-update/

Does AlpineQuest state in its manifest that it will function with QVGA?

I have used the lite version of AlpineQuest on my phone without any trouble. It is a brilliant app and I would be very happy to pay the 3 Euros to try it out if I could only download it.

Is there any way I can pay and download the full version of the app so that I can test it on my HTC Tattoo?
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Same problem here : unable to find it (and to download it) from market with X10 mini

:(
sonik

Post by sonik »

Yep, same problem with getting the full app for my htc tattoo. As with the others, the free version works wonderfuly, so there shouldn't be any reason the full version wont. All it needs is for the developer to specify that it is campatible with qvga screens!! Why is this not happening, especially as an updated version has recently been released?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This is done and it will be available in 1.0.9. I'm sorry but I miss that one for 1.0.8 :?

By the way, this is not as easy as "to specify that it is compatible with qvga screens" since this option in only available with Android 1.6 and more, and I want AlpineQuest working on Android 1.5 too, but I finally found the solution.
Regards