The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Using GPS Tracker

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Wanderer

Using GPS Tracker

Post by Wanderer »

How do I use the new GPS Tracker function?

I can see that I can start the app, switch it on, then exit the app, but when I start it up again how do I save it as a route?

Cheers.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Using GPS Tracker

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi!
The new tracker is in the geolocation window.
To start it, just click on it. You will see a notification in the status bar and the GPS blinking icon which indicate that the tracker is running.
At that time, you can close and start again AlpineQuest as you want.

Then return to the geolocation window and click again on the tracker to stop it.
If some locations have been recorded, it will be paused (ie stopped with some data available).
- At any moment later, you can click on it again to resume the track recording.
- At any moment later, while the tracker is paused, you can click on the right tracker button and choose 'Export' to export the tracker data as a GPX track on your SD card. You can browse the exported track using the Landmarks Explorer.
- At any moment later, you can clear the recorded data, allowing you to start a new track if you turn on the tracker again.

Let me know if you have any other question,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
emvee

Post by emvee »

Although I could find how to enable tracking using this forum post, thanks!, I think it is not intuitive and would like to suggest to redesign it. I would expect to find the functionality to make a track log under Landmarks and to find a direct button to enable it.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes you maybe right.
In version 1.2.9 I have added a button in the create landmark dialog that opens the Geolocation window (a kind of shortcut). I'll see if it's useful.
Thanks
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !