The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Not focusing on current location...

Any question about the app? Ask it here
j_cocker

Not focusing on current location...

Post by j_cocker »

Just bought v1.1.3, and love it!

What I intend to use it for is to:
- load an offline map
- load a gpx track/route and follow it, or alternatively;
- record a track/route of my walk.

The problem I have is that I want my current position position to remain at the centre of the screen at all times - i.e. for the map to move as I move, but for the centre of the screen to always be my current position on the map. It works fine when I get a gs lock at the beginning, but as soon as I start moving the map does not move with me. For some reason I cannot seem to get it to work...

Also, would it be possible to add a quick explanation to the online help of the geolocation and Orientation screens? (the ones you see when you press Menu->'....'->Geolocation/Orientation). I am not sure I understand what the buttons next to the Active button do? (I cannot see what the icons on them represent...)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Not focusing on current location...

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and welcome!
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm sorry about the help topic which is really not complete. I try to improve it as often as possible but it takes a long time.
I think that in the Geolocation window, the first button is what you need. It locks the map on your location when you are moving. The second one activate the rotation of the map using GPS fixes.
In the Orientation window, the second button activate the map rotation using the compass sensor.
Let ne know if it works fine for you,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
j_cocker

Re: Not focusing on current location...

Post by j_cocker »

Thanks a lot - works great!

Happy again!