The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Any Geocachers out there?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
geofactotem

Any Geocachers out there?

Post by geofactotem »

Hi,
I am a geocacher myself and think this is an ideal app for geocaching and other activities as well of course. If you are a geocacher please reply even if it is just "Hi" to gauge how much interest there is.

However I have been working with AlpineQuest to enhance the geocaching experience. Basically you need to use GSAK and for the moment be an AlpineQuest beta tester.
I have provided code and instructions so that caches are shown on the map with icons as per the GSAK icons so that a multi looks like a multi for example. The children, stages, trailheads etc also have their own icon. A short tap on the geocache/waypoint/placemark shows optional essential information whilst a long tap gives further information.

Whilst I have developed and tested this myself at has to be at your risk. (It can easily be reversed). If you are interested message me and I will send you the help notes and files.

AQ sample.jpg
(141.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Any Geocachers out there?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for interest and work.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
geofactotem

Re: Any Geocachers out there?

Post by geofactotem »

Find it hard to believe that I am the only geocacher using AQ. Maybe no-one else wants to own up.
Armed with what I have learned since February I had a full day caching yesterday and AQ coped excellently with everything. Concurrent Multi's, Final location, projected waypoint, the lot. My iphone carrying companion was well impressed with the long-press map clean feature. And it is far easier to use than my Garmin gpsmap.

A couple of tweaks to stop Francois getting bored would be nice, but honestly Francois grateful thanks for a really fantastic app.