The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Copying tracks to new phone

Any question about the app? Ask it here
LonelyBlade

Copying tracks to new phone

Post by LonelyBlade »

Can anyone please help me with copying my tracks to a new phone?

I've managed to install the app ok and can see all my maps but try as I might I cannot seem to copy over my tracks. I've tried simply to copy all the folders and contents (.trk) and I've also tried to export as .gpx and everything appears in what looks like the correct places where my files are stored, but I cannot get the tracks to display on the maps and nothing appears under tracks on my dashboard.

What am I doing wrong? :oops:
LonelyBlade

Re: Copying tracks to new phone

Post by LonelyBlade »

Update.....

I can now see the exported tracks (.gpx) and get them to display on my maps but I have to open them in a long and complicated way from my file manager. I cannot find them through the recorded tracks in the AQ app.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.

On your new device, please check the exact application folder: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... ion_folder.

Then, to get your tracks (.trk format) displayed in the track recorder "previously recorded tracks", put them in the folder "[app folder]/landmarks/Recorded tracks/". If your device is not in English, this last folder may have a different name. In this case record a new track and check the exact folder this new track is saved in...

Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
LonelyBlade

Post by LonelyBlade »

No need to apologise - you answered in a day!

Complicated to my little mind but I have managed to follow your instructions and everything is now (hopefully) where it should be and I can access all my recorded tracks from the correct place!

Thanks very much!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok perfect!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !