The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Changing the track save location

Any question about the app? Ask it here
potstejn

Changing the track save location

Post by potstejn »

I have had AQ for a couple of weeks and am so far impressed. It has taken time to discover the various features and how they work but overall it runs fairly smoothly. A few issues I haven't been able to resolve or understand...

1 - The app is stored on my GS5's local storage and this is where the saved tracks go as well. I would like the tracks to be saved to the SD card. Can this be configured?

2 - After I export a track to my Mac and rename it (and delete the file from the GS5's storage), I can't seem to be able to import it back for navigation. Can the file name of the track assigned by the app not be changed?

3 - When Compass is turned on, what does the sweeping triangle represent?

4 - Is there any way to make the compass smaller?

Thanks in advance.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Changing the track save location

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your support!

1. Recorded tracks are saved in the "/landmarks/Recorded tracks" sub-folder of the application folder.
To save your tracks on your SD card, you can change the application folder to one on the SD card as explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/s ... ion_folder.

2. You can import any GPX/KML files in the app (previously recorded and exported or not). Here is how to import landmarks files: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/l ... _landmarks.
Once imported (in the "/landmarks/Imported/" sub-folder, you can do whatever you want with them. You cannot change the name of the exported file, it's however based on the track name, so you can edit that one before exporting the track.

3. It's your field of view. It represents the area on the map you're seeing from your location and with your orientation.

4. Unfortunately not, right now it cannot be changed.

Hope it helps,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
potstejn

Post by potstejn »

Regarding #1 - The option on my version is labeled as "Storage Location - Define where to store downloaded maps". Unfortunately, when I change the storage location to SD card my map disappears. Will I need to save the map again to the new location?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,

If you use file based maps, then you can select them from the old folder, no need to copy them. Here is how to select maps: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/m ... pplication.

If you use on-demand maps that you've downloaded using the app, then yes you'll have to either manually copy the old folder content into the new folder content to get all your data back, or download it again.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
potstejn

Post by potstejn »

Thanks again.