The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Alpine Quest ability to group separate waypoints from the waypoints menu question

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

[done] Alpine Quest ability to group separate waypoints from the waypoints menu question

Post by alexlong »

Hi and thanks for update.
Now I've tried the update AQ 2.0.2b and I have a question - how can I UNGROUP waypoints?
I have the ability to group separate waypoints from the waypoints menu but I would like to ungroup it — I grouped several waypoints by mistake and now I want to get back but I do not know how.
alexlong

Re: Alpine Quest ability to group separate waypoints from the waypoints menu question

Post by alexlong »

I decided to copy/cut and paste the waypoints from the new group to the place where they were before but I do not think it's a good solition
alexlong

Re: Alpine Quest ability to group separate waypoints from the waypoints menu question

Post by alexlong »

Solution ,pardon me.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Unfortunately right now there is no option to un-group a set of waypoints (apart from doing what you did).
I'll try to add this.
Can I ask you why do you need separated waypoints instead of having them grouped in a set?
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Can I ask you why do you need separated waypoints instead of having them grouped in a set?
Hi, François!
I've heard someone from 4pda asked you to add an oportunity to choose separate waypoints for the set.
Imagine I have 50 waypoints. If I do groupping all 50 waypoints are grouped. But I need onlу 25 of them and I do not have chance to choose. The only way noe is to make another folder/subfolder and copy or move there waypoints I need to group and then I group them in the new folder.

Now let's imagine I need to add some new waypoints to the current group and remove some waypoints which I do not use.
What should I do in thes case?

Just now I copy/cut waypoints from the group and paste them to some other place making seperate. One-two-three waypoints ... this is not a problem, but if I have a group of let's say 100 waypoints I face some problems.

My idea is to add a kind of checkboxes or some other to let user choose waipoint for grouping

2. Can I gropup waypoints which are on the screen? Menu "Displayed landmarks".
By the way why should not use the checkboxes for waypoints groupping just like in this menu?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,

Yes the ability to select some items in the landmarks explorer is planned.

Until then, you can display all your waypoints on the map at once (click on the menu right to the "Waypoints" title), and then in the displayed landmarks list, click on the folder name and you'll be able to select only some waypoints. Then use the "Save all displayed landmarks" button to save only the checked waypoints in a new set.

Also, in the last 2.0.2c version, I've added the ability to un-group a set of waypoints. Long press a set and select "Split as points".

Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !