The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Large blue compass pointer?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
mel102

Large blue compass pointer?

Post by mel102 »

Hi,
I just started using AlpineQuest on my Motorola G 3rd Gen phone again. The compass pointer I'm getting is a large blue swath kind, how can I revert to the small pointer again please? Thanks

mel102

Re: Large blue compass pointer?

Post by mel102 »

Just wondering if I've posted on the right Forum?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.
Yes it's the good forum, no worries.

It's just that I don't exactly know what to say, I've made this change following requests form users, but it doesn't seem to be better for all users... I'll see if I can make a new setting to configure that but I don't usually like to do that because it makes this complex app even more complex...

Note that when you activate the GPS and move a bit, you'll still have the previous blue arrow pointer displayed.
This new "large" pointer is only used for the compass direction, and it actually shows your field of view. This is what is usually used on maps when using a magnetic compass, because you can move in one direction and look at another one...

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
mel102

Post by mel102 »

Thanks for the reply. Would uninstalling the app and reinstalling help?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Unfortunately not, the new version is like this and right now it can't be changed...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !