The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] "Open With" for Navigation

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[closed] "Open With" for Navigation

Post by Yemble »

I don't think that the Landmark "Open With" function has been discussed here much and it maybe the case that it has been overlooked by a lot of AQ users.

In fact, "Open With" can be an extremely useful function as it definitely works seemlessly with the following apps:

Google Maps
Google Street View
Google Earth
OSMAND+
TomTom Go Mobile
...and probably many others!

So, for example, if you have prepared a set of landmarks of places you want to visit on holiday, you can quickly select one off the AQ map and then target that location directly within, say, TomTom for driving instructions. No need to spend ages duplicating effort in TomTom as AQ passes it all the info it needs. Brilliant :D

To be quite honest, although I was expecting the cross app navigation info passing to work with Google Maps, Earth and OSMAND+, it was quite a revalation to find that it works in TomTom Go Mobile v1.11 as well.

Perhaps this lesser known feature of AQ could do with a bit of a "promotion" ... I'm doing my bit here :lol:
T2D

Re: "Open With" for Navigation

Post by T2D »

Thank you for the tip!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for pointing out this feature Yemble.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

I've just got back off holiday where I used this feature extensively for planning routes on TomTom, via AQ. I discovered that once an initial destination has been sent to TT from AQ, subsequent "destinations" can optionally be added as waypoints in TT instead. This means that you can plan an itinerary of places for a single TT route entirely from AQ. This is a major time saver :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks a lot for sharing the info!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !