The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] How can I hide blue compass pointer?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
mel102

[closed] How can I hide blue compass pointer?

Post by mel102 »

Hi Guys. I've just installed Alpine Quest on an android phone which I'm going to use soley for Navigating with Alpine Quest. The new phone has no Compass Sensor, which is ok as I've found those phone compasses to be unreliable, I always rely on my old fashioned Silva compass if I need accuracy and I use Alpine Quest to corelate my position on my paper map. On my present installation I can't find a way to hide the blue compass pointer, I've chosen Target Center as I usually do, but the blue pointer is an unnecessary distraction, could this be a problem with this new phone? TIA

BTW, Alpine Quest is a brilliant support for my Hiking, well worth the money and I recommend it to all walkers, particularly here in the UK.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: How can I hide blue compass pointer?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks a lot for your support.
I guess the blue pointer is your "GPS heading" since you don't have a compass sensor (so you can't turn on the compass).
If you, you can disable it from the app settings, un-check "GPS current heading".
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
mel102

Re: How can I hide blue compass pointer?

Post by mel102 »

Brilliant! thanks, that did it. Excellent support as usual.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] How can I hide blue compass pointer?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks a lot for your support
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !