The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

File Recovery?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Bubbles

File Recovery?

Post by Bubbles »

Help! I accidentally deleted a bunch of landmark files! Is there any sort of file recovery program that recognizes gps files? .wpt, trk, ldk etc?
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro with Android v4.4.2. The files were on the SD card and I deleted them. Any Help is appreciated!
(Might be nice to have a recycle bin in alpinequest)
ds47uk

Re: File Recovery?

Post by ds47uk »

There is a possibility that if you can put your SD card in a Windows PC or laptop, then a free program called Recuva from Piriform *SHOULD* be able to get your files back, but wait and see if any Android experts can come up with a better idea.

Edit
I just tried it with an SD card that I had deleted (on purpose!!) some time ago and forgotten what was on it. It worked! It will find any file that was on the card but was overwritten as well as the recently deleted files which you want and which will not have been overwritten. The only problem is that it did not remember the file names only the extensions, so that hotel.wpt will become [00001].wpt

good luck!
David
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: File Recovery?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for this excellent answer David!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !