The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Locate Exported GPS files on Phone using Windows PC

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Kadeo26

Locate Exported GPS files on Phone using Windows PC

Post by Kadeo26 »

Hi

Using AQ, I have created and exported a track to the GPX Export folder on my phone.

The GPX file is visible and accessible via AQ and ES File Explorer.

When I connect my phone to my Windows 10 PC and look for the psyberia folder on my phone, it's not visible

I am using an SD card for storage, so the location on my phone is /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/psyberia.alpinequest.full/files.
Android Data Folder.docx
(122.14 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Regards

Keith Oliver
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Locate Exported GPS files on Phone using Windows PC

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It can take some times before Android makes new files visible on your PC. To force an update, you can restart your phone, otherwise you need to wait some time.
This is something that happens at the system (Android) level so unfortunately we cannot do anything.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Kadeo26

Post by Kadeo26 »

Since the omission of files is not due to AQ, I searched on the internet and found this solution:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questi ... cted-to-pc
Disconnect USB cable, go to Settings, Apps, and Show System Apps and find External Storage and Media Storage and clear data and cache on each one and reboot, then give it 5 min after full boot up to rebuild media databases and connect to USB and select MTP. Should be good to go.
I have now successfully located AQ files on my phone SD card and copied a GPX file to my PC, where I have imported it into OS Online Maps ..... 8-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok perfect! Thanks for the link!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !