The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] saving individual segments?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Sandor27

[closed] saving individual segments?

Post by Sandor27 »

I have used the location tracker on several hikes now and have not saved yet. I have 19 segments currently. Is there any way to save these 19 segments as 19 different tracks? Since I've hiked the same area a few times now, some of the segments overlap and the map is 'muddy' with tracks. Thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: saving individual segments?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Here is what you can do:
click on your track to browse it and display the segments, then long-press one one segment, select "Cut", use the "Back button" to return in the parent folder, and then click on the "Clipboard" button (bottom menu) and select "Paste here".
The app will then create a new track in the folder with the segment you've pasted.
Let me know if you have any question
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Sandor27

Post by Sandor27 »

"click on your track to browse it and display the segments, then long-press one segment, select "Cut", use the "Back button" to return in the parent folder, and then click on the "Clipboard" button (bottom menu) and select "Paste here".
The app will then create a new track in the folder with the segment you've pasted"

I had to save the current track first before I could select the individual segments. That seems to have worked to filter and display the individual segments.

Now I would like to know how to display the waypoints I added along the way. I am using this app for geocaching and have set like two dozen locations and now they are not displaying. That is not good. Did I lose them when I saved as a track? Any way to get them to display in the segment they were created? The file under saved TRACKS in my storage lists the detail for my track as 3130 locations, 19 segments, 28 waypoints. So I am guessing the waypoints are still there? Under saved WAYPOINTS I only have 3 waypoints from when I was first messing around with the app. HELP!!!!! I need to display those 28 waypoints!

Thanks,
Sandor27
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Waypoints are saved inside tracks, not segments. A track is actually made of one or more segments, and 0 or more waypoints.

When you did save the current track, all waypoints were saved with it (of course). Click on the exported track (the one with initially 19 segments) like you did to list the segments, waypoints are then listed after the segments.
Moving segments away from the track will leave the waypoints untouched, in the original track.

For future, I advise you to export the current track and clear the tracker data before starting a new record, so you don't get everything inside the same track. I know it's a bit tricky, it will be better in the next version.

Best regards
Sandor27

Post by Sandor27 »

I think I have a handle on it now that I know tracks vs segments.

I created new waypoints (at my track waypoint locations) that are now saved to the /storage/emulated/0/... folder so that they are independent of the tracks/segments. That way I can still see them regardless of the track that is running or displayed.

I'll be saving out individual tracks more often now so I can sort and organize better. great tip.

Thank you for your great customer service!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Great if it's all fine!
Best regards