The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Using AQ on a PC

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Dave

Using AQ on a PC

Post by Dave »

As a fully paid user of Memory Map Tracker I find that I cannot use it with Android Kitkat on my new phone. I have downloaded AQ Lite and it appears OK with my OS maps. I am considering downloading the paid for version but cannot determine if it will run on my PC such that I can plan my walks ie create tracks/routes on my PC and use them on my phone? Help please.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Using AQ on a PC

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
AlpineQuest is a mobile application, so just like MM Tracker you cannot use it on a PC. However you can plan your routes with any GPX compatible software (like MemoryMap) and open the produced GPX files from the AlpineQuest to see all your routes and waypoints.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thanks for the swift response. I have now downloaded the full version but have a question re naming and saving and viewing a route. Having done a long walk. I have the route on the OS map no problem. I want to save it for future reference but can't???
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
Once you've recorded a track, you can export it to save it on your device. The track will be saved in a file, and you'll be able to reload it and display it when you want, so it can be used as a reference. You can also load tracks from the Internet in various formats like GPX or KML.
To export a recorded track, use the "Export" button (5) (see here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/tracker).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !