The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Custom topographic maps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Damir

Custom topographic maps

Post by Damir »

Hello,

I must say this is by far the best and most user friendly GPS software ever! I have tried it and wow!

Just have a question considering maps in .kmz format. Is it possible to import and use scanned paper topographic maps, calibrated and converted to .kmz format?
I have read that it is possible to use way points in this format so i guess maps can also be used?

One more question about license, I would like to buy AlpineQuet now, but i'm planing to buy new phone soon, can i just move my license from old to new phone?

Best Regards,
Damir
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Custom topographic maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback and support.
Unfortunately ".kmz" overlays (and so calibrated images) are not supported right now.
The solution is to use the application "MAPC2MAPC" that can calibrate images (or even read .kmz maps) and convert them to the .AQM format supported by the application.
The free version of MAPC2MAPC will display "X" on the map, however, .kmz maps should be supported by the application quite soon so it will only be temporary.

To get the complete version, we provide two choices that both allow you to change your device:
- using Google Play, if you re-use the same Google account on a new device, you're able to re-install all your paid applications for free;
- using PayPal, you can use your registration key to register the application again on your new device.
Both ways also allow you get all future updates for free.

Hope it helps,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !