The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Off line mode

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Calgarian

Off line mode

Post by Calgarian »

Hi,

can you please teach me how to use AlpineQuest in the area where there is no signal at all. I did save Stored Map but during hike in that specifically area AQ shows nothing....

Tanks in advance. :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Off line mode

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
Here is a complete tutorial explaining how to store an area for offline use: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... store-area.
To check if the data is stored, you can turn on the airplane mode of your device, and check that the map is correctly displayed even without any network.
Let me know is you have any question.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Calgarian

Post by Calgarian »

Thanks/ I did read that manual and stored areas i planned to hike next day. But when I started application in that area where there is no cell connections at all I saw the white background saying "You are offline". Nothing what suppose to help me position myself during the hike itself.

That is my problem.

I will do another hike tomorrow. This time I will start in the place with cell connectivity in - Lake Louise. But during hike I will loose cell signal for sure. The area stored and I checked it with your advise - in Air-plane Mode.

I will keep you posted how it works in this case.
Calgarian

Post by Calgarian »

It is working :)

So I assume that AlpineQuest's GPS should be on before you loose connection even if you're not in "Location Tracker" mode.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
The only thing that matters is that you need to store all your maps (and all levels) before being offline. But once the maps are stored, you can start the app or the tracker before or after entering the offline mode.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !