The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Battery change or unexpected shutdown

Any question about the app? Ask it here
whuzez

Battery change or unexpected shutdown

Post by whuzez »

How does the program handle needing to change the battery or some unexpected shutdown, such as thermal, battery, etc?

On some of the fitness trackers I have used they have a setting where you set the time to consider it the same route, so I was wondering how AQ handles a situation like this.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Battery change or unexpected shutdown

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.
I guess you're talking about shutdowns while tracking.

If the device restarts while the application is tracking, then you'll have the ability to resume the tracking (for the same track). In the case of an unexpected reboot, only the very last few points may be lost.
If you want to restart the device, you can just pause the tracking, restart the device and resume the tracking.

In the case of a resumed tracking, the data will be recorded in the same track, but a new segment will be created (just like when you use the 'New segment / lap' button). However, after you export the final track, you can merge any segments.

Note that if you use a tracking frequency of more than 20s, the app uses an economy mode and completely turns off the GPS between updates. You can use this mode for long tracks if your device is used to heat during long GPS usage.

Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
whuzez

Post by whuzez »

Hi, thanks for my delay in getting back to this. As i have used the app more and learned more about how tracking works, I have seen better how the app works and would handle battery changes. But your info is very helpful to clarify. I've decided to get a larger battery to give me a buffer for longer days. Though the stock battery on my Galaxy S5 lasted me for a 12hr hike the other day without about 30% left at the end of the day.

I'm really enjoying learning to get the most out of AQ.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for your feedback, don't hesitate if you have any question.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !