The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

can I disable auto switching of maps?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
markflip

can I disable auto switching of maps?

Post by markflip »

I love Alpinequest to bits, but I would like the ability to disable the switching of maps when I zoom in. I have lots of detailed maps stored on my device, some small scale large area 'oveview' maps and other very detailed maps of specific small areas. When i am looking at the 'overview' map and accidentally zoom in beyond its top level (easily done in the field) it will often switch to one of the detailed maps, even though there is no coverage where i am viewing and i then have to reselect the 'overview map' again, which is a pain.

I have tried various 'zoom' settings, but can't seem to stop this behaviour? Can I turn this feature off at all?? If not could you consider developing either the option to disable completely, or prompt for confirmation before switching maps automatically please??

Many thanks

Mark
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: can I disable auto switching of maps?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately there is no way to disable this feature right now, but it's true that it might be useful in your case. What is strange is that the application should only switch the map is the other one covers the area, which seems not to be the case for you.
As an alternate method, you can use the multi-touch zooming or the zoom slider (must be displayed from the settings) to zoom the map instead of the buttons: they never switch the map.
But I'll see if I can add an option for the next update.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
markflip

Re: can I disable auto switching of maps?

Post by markflip »

Thank you, it's really helpful to know that the slider doesn't switch maps and thanks for looking into it.

Mark