The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] share coordinates

Any question about the app? Ask it here
crab

[done] share coordinates

Post by crab »

I've been evaluating some offline map apps for Android and am currently playing with Alpinequest Lite. I like the UI and have been able to create an offline map using MOBAC and it appears to work quite well. Nice work! One small question I have, is there is a way to send landmark coordinates or a map URL via sms or email? Some of the other apps support the Android 'share' facility to send a link or coordinates to someone through another app. The 'open with / externally' option is close but it only sends the data to another map app. As a work-around you can use that and then use 'share' from the other app but I'm wondering if it can be done directly from Alpinequest?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: share coordinates

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest and feedback.
You're right that this is a nice feature but unfortunately not available in the application right now.
We release new version on (approximately) a month basis and would be happy to add this feature in the next update.
Don't hesitate if you have any question
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
crab

Post by crab »

Thanks for the confirmation and the quick reply! I'll keep an eye out for updates. :-)
kamov

Post by kamov »

Great feature added but I think that would be more usefull to send google maps url with coordinates. For example: http://google.com/maps/place/46.062412,14.544329

This way, one can one-click open the location on mobile phone / google maps on PC.

I think that majoriy will agree :)

-k
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

That's a nice idea.
I have to think how to include it, maybe as an addition to the current text.
The current way allows user to share more data like the location name, and elevation.
Best regards

Post by Guest »

AlpineQuest wrote: maybe as an addition to the current text.
That is the best choice.
crab

Post by crab »

Thanks for adding the share feature! One quick question, how do you share by SMS? When I select a landmark and hit share it goes straight to email (correctly brings up K9 mail compose screen), it doesn't give me any choices. I'm using a Galaxy S3 on Verizon running Android 4.3 if it matters. Thanks again!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
The list of application that can be used to share the location depends what's installed on your application (what can share text).
There is usually a lot of applications like SMS, EMail, GMail, Facebook, Twitter, etc. (see screen-shot).
What you may have done is select this email application as default, so you are not asked each time. You can remove this by managing application, finding your email application and select 'Clear defaults' (but it depends on the Android version).
Let me know,
Best regards
device-2014-06-09-235347.jpg
(23.53 KiB) Downloaded 4126 times
crab

Post by crab »

Thanks, that was the problem. It's sort of embarrassing I didn't think of that. I guess I set k9 mail as the default for something in the past but didn't expect it to carry over to other apps. All is good now. Thanks again for the great support!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok perfect!