The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Loading tracks and waypoints (GPX files)

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Simon

[closed] Loading tracks and waypoints (GPX files)

Post by Simon »

Sorry to be an idiot but I can't immediately find instructions in your pdf as to how to import and export tracks and waypoints. I am new to Android which may be the problem!

Incidentally I took AQ to Europe last week and successfully created (and saved) tracks, and marked waypoints. An excellent looking programme, as long as I can crack the basics above!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Loading tracks and waypoints (GPX files)

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

You can open GPX file from application, you don't need to import them. Just click on the Landmarks menu, select 'Explore landmarks' and locate your GPX files. Click on them to load and browse content. Click on any track and then 'Display' to display it on the map.

To export items in GPX files:
- After recording a track using the Location Tracker, you can export the track in the GPX format (select this format when saving the track);
- You can convert all other landmarks by copying them and pasting them inside a GPX file. Here is the tutorial: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... gpx_format

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Simon

Post by Simon »

Wow that was quick thank you! Surely the GPX file needs to be on the phone to begin with? Its that bit I can't work out.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes the GPX files need to be on the phone. You can either:
- Send them by email to your phone, and save them on your device memory using your email application;
- Link you phone to your PC using the 'USB mass storage device' mode with the USB cable included with your phone, so you can access your device from your PC like any USB key: add, copy, remove files... Copy the GPX file, and then unlink you device (important, files are not available when the phone is connected) and then access your files from the app.
Let me know if it's not clear enough.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !