The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Map storage location

Any question about the app? Ask it here
rwpace

[closed] Map storage location

Post by rwpace »

How do I change the default storage location to my SD drive?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map storage location

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
In the application settings, simply use the 'Storage device' setting. Your SD card should be listed.
If you have Android 4.4, it's a little more complicated, let me know in this case.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Brynjar

Post by Brynjar »

Hi,

I have a Samsung Note 3, just upgraded to Android v. 4.4.2.
I do have problems saving my "Store Area" maps to the SD card, getting the following error message:

Call: Estimate
In: bci
Throws: Java.io.FileNotFoundExeption
Message:/storage/extSdCard/alpinequest/cache/builtin-maps/OSMLAND.DAT: open failed: EACCESS (Permission denied)

I have changed storage device back to /storage/emulated/0/
Application path: /storage/emulated/0/alpinequest

I can then store the maps, and when I restart with the phone offline they will still be available.

However, when I copy the files to /storage/extSdCard/alpinequest/cache/builtin-maps/
and move the application to the SD card as well I am then told I am offline and also get the first error message when I try to save maps after having gone online. (It works in all cases when olline).

I've heard a rumour about changes in SD card permissions in 4.4??

Otherwise, a lovely program indeed.

Brynjar
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Yes applications can no longer write (anywhere) on the external SD memory in Android 4.4.
Right now, I recommend you to use your internal memory (which is very large on new devices), it should be listed in the 'Storage device' settings. You can also move all the application folder to this new location so you can get back your stored maps.
There will be a new update soon that will be able to store the data on the SD card again (but in another particular writable folder).
Sorry about that.
Brynjar

Post by Brynjar »

Hi,
Thanks for the verification. (Whoever could have thought up this, is not this the main idea behind having the ability to add memory??) Looking forward to your solution and will cope in the meantime, Thanks again.
Brynjar
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This issue is now fixed, please see viewtopic.php?p=4579#p4579.