The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Position marker default colour change

Any question about the app? Ask it here
LIQUORICE

Position marker default colour change

Post by LIQUORICE »

Hi,
I cannot find reference to this anywhere. Is it possible to change the default colour of the current position dot and/or direction arrow, please? On many maps my current blue colour does not show clearly against the background. also, can the size of the dot be increased? I did find how to edit the colour of tracks somewhere but cannot find it again!
Regards
L
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Position marker default colour change

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Unfortunately there is no easy way to change the current position color.
If you want to do it, you have to put the attached file in the AlpineQuest folder. It will give you a much more clear blue.
You can also edit the file to choose any color. You can choose any color as given here: http://html-color-codes.info/ (put the color code like '#5882FA' in the text file in place of the the current color). Also, there is no way to change the dot size.

To change the color of a track, or any landmark, click on it on the map, select its name, and click on 'Edit color'.

Let me know if you have any issue,
Best regards
Attachments
user_settings.conf
(61 Bytes) Downloaded 555 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Most obliged for your quick reply! I will try out the config - I thought that that might be the way and will let you know the answer.

Thank you.

Post by Guest »

Yes, it works. I can change the colour in an editor whilst AQ is running and then see the change. However, I will make a collection of files and name/rename when needed. Thank you!
LIQUORICE

Post by LIQUORICE »

Difficulty with usernames and the difference between Post Reply and Quick Reply - it has been me as guest above.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok great.
Haven't you found a color that suits all your maps so you don't have to manage different files?
Also, you've to restart the application so see the change (it seems that's not you said previously).

Post by Guest »

I'm still experimenting with colours but my maps vary so much....
I take your point about restarting - it's just that with Android I'm never sure when an app' has stopped or is in the background - however, I am seeing the changes.
Ta!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok perfect.