The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Disabling "you are offline" message

Any question about the app? Ask it here
JoeF1

Disabling "you are offline" message

Post by JoeF1 »

Hi,
Just got this over the weekend and its passing every test with flying colours. Just one little niggle, and I suspect the answer is to create an onboard map rather than using stored data.

Here is what I am doing.

Planning a walking trip in Lanzarote, so I want good general coverage with various map layers including Google Earth for the whole island and within that very detailed coverage for specific areas i plan to visit - all stored on my device.
I have managed to get the data I want but if I am offline and I zoom into an area which I have not downloaded tiles for I get a "you are offline" message stamped over each. I do not need to download the extra tiles, as I am happy with the lower resolution but is there anyway of turning the message off as its a bit distracting (although I understand why its there)?
Someone has probably already asked this or perhaps I have simply missed it.

Many thanks

Joe
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Disabling "you are offline" message

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

That's an interesting point, you're the first to talk about that and unfortunately there's no way right now to turn these message off (since they shouldn't be displayed in "normal" conditions).
I'll add an user option to disable them in the next update.

However, Lanzarote is very small and you should be able to store all the area with a quite high level of details, reducing the chances to see these messages.

Note also that the island is covered by the Spain topo map available in the community map list (even if the app asks you to move to continental Spain when selecting it, just click 'no').

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Re: Disabling "you are offline" message

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats probably what I will do once I get a bigger SD card, as I say, its only a minor niggle and in no way detracts from the functionality. I have a lot to learn - theres a lot more to your app than meets the eye!
By the way, Im running it on a Hudl as sold very cheap by Tesco here which I shall add to your tested devices list.

Cheers

Joe