The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

How to export contents of a .set file (set of waypoints)

Any question about the app? Ask it here
nigo0024

How to export contents of a .set file (set of waypoints)

Post by nigo0024 »

Great app. I specifically like the feature to save a set of waypoints under one file. However, I can't seem to export the .set files and be able to access their information. I can, of course, access the details from within the AQ app, but I have many .set files with many waypoints within each. I really only want to get at the lat/long data so I can copy and paste it into a spreadsheet and save that data as a .txt file to be imported into a GIS program.

I know this is possible, because I did exactly this last November after taking soil samples. I took 10 cores and composited them into one sample; I recorded the location of each core to make a soil fertility map. The maps turned out great, but for some reason I am now having troubles figuring out how to export this data mass all at once again. I appreciate any help!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: How to export contents of a .set file (set of waypoints)

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The application is can write GPX files, compatible with a lot of software. You can save multiple waypoints into a single GPX file.
Here is the only help on the GPX format: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... at_support.
Right now you can only copy/paste waypoints into GPX files to convert them, but I can add the this for sets too.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
nigo0024

Post by nigo0024 »

But then why are my multiple waypoint files .set files, not .gpx files? Now that you mention this about .gpx files, I believe when I got this to work last November, the multiple waypoint files were indeed saved as .gpx files, not .set files.

What do you mean when you say "Right now you can only copy/paste waypoints into GPX files to convert them, but I can add the this for sets too."?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

nigo0024 wrote:But then why are my multiple waypoint files .set files, not .gpx files? Now that you mention this about .gpx files, I believe when I got this to work last November, the multiple waypoint files were indeed saved as .gpx files, not .set files.
Please read the online help, everything is explained:
http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... rks_format
nigo0024 wrote:What do you mean when you say "Right now you can only copy/paste waypoints into GPX files to convert them, but I can add the this for sets too."?
I have released the version 1.4.8 this morning, allowing you to copy/paste set of waypoints inside GPX files so you can convert a whole set in the GPX format as explained here for the tracks: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... gpx_format
In previous versions, you could only do that for tracks and routes, now you can do it for sets also.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !