The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Transferring files

Any question about the app? Ask it here
grandsire02

[closed] Transferring files

Post by grandsire02 »

I'm a newbie to both Alpinequest and android technology in general, so would very much appreciate some guidance! I have a Galaxy Nexus smartphone (this doesn't have an external storage card) and I would like to transfer some .qct files to it from my PC. How do I do this, step by step, please!? I have the Alpinequest free version installed on my Galaxy.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Transferring files

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in AlpineQuest.
You have first to plug your device to your PC using your USB cable and copy your .QCT files to your phone.
Then, from AlpineQuest, use the Maps Explorer to locate your maps on your phone.
Here is a complete tutorial, please have a look at it and let me know if you have any issue.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Alternatively, you could use an app like AirDroid to transfer files over WiFi, although USB is likely to be the easier option for a novice.
grandsire02

Post by grandsire02 »

I'm now up and running, having followed to the tutorial link given. Thanks for your help and will now be getting the paid-for version of AQ.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for the feedback and your support!
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !