The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Center map to current position

Any question about the app? Ask it here
j_cocker

[closed] Center map to current position

Post by j_cocker »

As subject - how do I force the map to be centred to my current position once out on a walk? At present the map is no longer centred once I drag it
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Center map to current position

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
When the GPS is activated, the "Localisation" menu icon is displayed in green. If the map is not centered on the GPS location, simply click this green menu icon to center it.
Be sure to use the last version.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

AlpineQuest wrote:Hi,
When the GPS is activated, the "Localisation" menu icon is displayed in green. If the map is not centered on the GPS location, simply click this green menu icon to center it.
Be sure to use the last version.
Best regards
Thanks! That works, but perhaps I didn't explain what I am after well enough...

I seem to recall that in older versions I was able to temporarily drag AND HOLD the map when I wanted to see something that was not on the screen, but when I released the map returned to be centred on my current GPS position. This is what I am looking for.

PS: I use v1.4.2, the paid version
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Oh ok sorry.
Yes you're right, it used to be like that, however since 1.4 versions this behaviour changed. Many users complained about the old behaviour, since if was impossible to drag the map far away (somewhere outside the map) without turning off the option.
Now, you have to click one time on the menu button to re-center the map immediately (which remains quite fast), otherwise it gets automatically re-centered after 10 seconds.
Hope it will be ok for you.

Post by Guest »

AlpineQuest wrote:Oh ok sorry.
Yes you're right, it used to be like that, however since 1.4 versions this behaviour changed. Many users complained about the old behaviour, since if was impossible to drag the map far away (somewhere outside the map) without turning off the option.
Now, you have to click one time on the menu button to re-center the map immediately (which remains quite fast), otherwise it gets automatically re-centered after 10 seconds.
Hope it will be ok for you.
I can live with that...

Thanks again.
Aqm-S2

Post by Aqm-S2 »

"re-centered after 10 seconds" : are you sure ?

Could it be a param : from 0 to xxx seconds, and infinite for -1 ?

Thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi, I just checked and it's 10 sec yes. But only if you have slided the map away from the center using the finger.
Concerning the setting, is it because you find this feature annoying?
Aqm-S2

Post by Aqm-S2 »

In fact I hesitate between xx seconds to auto recenter, and 0 second to immediatly recenter (previous behaviour).
Never recenter is not interesting for me as I need to do it manually and I often cant (hand not available...). But I feel it is what happens now ?

I'll check it...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Right now the screen centre stays locked on the current GPS location until the user moves the map somewhere else. At that time:
- The user can click on the Localisation menu to "re-lock" the map on the GPS location immediately (he has just moved the map so he can still click one time, which is very fast);
- Or he can let the map as it, and 10 seconds after the map will automatically move and be re-locked on the GPS location. More precisely, the map is re-centered on the first GPS location received after 10 secs of moving the map somewhere else.

I find this behaviour consistent, something quite similar is done in Maps. Users seem to be happy (I haven't received any complaints about it unlike for the old one), and before introduce it, it was impossible to have a look at a place outside of the screen (which needed 2 or more slides)... But check it and let me know.
Best regards
Aqm-S2

Post by Aqm-S2 »

ok, that's why it doesn't work when I test it... without moving !
And as I hide the Menu, I can't hit the Loc button rapidly.

I'll ckeck while moving, but it probably works ;-) Thank you
Aqm-S2

Post by Aqm-S2 »

It perfectly works when moving, perfect :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok thanks for the feedback!