The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Location Circle

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pete75

[closed] Location Circle

Post by pete75 »

Is there a way to turn off the large red(ish) circle which appears around current location when using gps?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Location Circle

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
No sorry. The circle is not really around your current location, it's actually your location.
It just means that you are somewhere inside this circle, not necessarily at the center.
When the GPS got more precise, this circle is smaller and blue, or can even disappear.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

It would be useful to turn the circle off, or to make it more transparent/lighter.
If the location is not very certain, then the circle covers the entire map and makes
it more difficult to read.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
I really find the accuracy circle important, it would be not correct to display a precise location point if the real GPS location is 100ft inaccurate... That's why I'm quite reluctant to add an option to turn it off.
However what I can do is, as you're suggesting, making it lighter.
I'll try to change that for the next version.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've made the change, it now lighter (and nicer).
Thanks
willysgrandad

bringing up map

Post by willysgrandad »

I am using the lite version at the moment and have all the uk qct maps loaded on my sd card. I can load and see the map of my choice but I want Alpine Quest to load the map for my current location. I can't se how to do it. I have got the gps switched on?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Be sure to activate the GPS and have the center of the map pointing the current GPS location.
Then you can browse your maps, and the first category "In-bounds maps" will only show the maps that are available for your current location.
All other maps will be displayed in another category called "Out-of-bounds maps".