The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Can't access my qct maps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Geoff

[closed] Can't access my qct maps

Post by Geoff »

Hi,
I've just installed the full version of Alpinequest, after testing the lite version successfully with a MM .qct file.
I seem to have 2 sets of Alpinequest folders on my phone (Huawei Ascend G300): 1 set in "sdcard" (internal storage) and one set in "sdcard2" (my 8GB card).
I cannot persuade AQ to search for my maps in "folder>mnt\sdcard2\alpinequest\maps" - it keeps reverting to the folder in "sdcard". The problem is that I don't have enough space in the internal memory "sdcard" for my map, which is 3.2GB. Have I got the path right?
Can someone help please.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Can't access my qct maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You have to manually set your sdcard path in AlpineQuest settings: "/mnt/sdcard2/".
Be careful to restart the application after changing this parameter.
Let me know if you have an issue changing this parameter.

I will add your real SD card path to the auto-detection list.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Hi & thanks for the quick reply.

Success!

I tried various permutations to re-direct to sdcard2 without any luck, but then discovered a thread concerning (vodafone?) issues relating to Icecream sandwich 4, to which I have just upgraded. The problem being that of moving Apps from internal memory to the SD card.

I firstly tried to move the application to the sd card from Manage Apps, but the option was not available. It does become available however if you access System Settings > Storage > Default Location and then move the app to SD Card. Alpine Quest now finds all of my maps on the SD Card.

Problem solved and looking forward to using Alpine Quest, thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for you feedback and explanation.
Best regards
ptgray

Post by ptgray »

I have just installed the full version on my HTC sensation Android phone. I have copied some qct files to the maps folder.
However, I cannot see the 'Folders' - option 3 in your instructions.
How can I get to browse my maps in the app?
Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
From the AlpineQuest Maps Explorer you can browse any folder of your device (internal memory or SD card). You just have to figure what's the path of the folder you put the maps into.
In the maps explorer, be sure to browse the 'on board' maps (click on the top-right icon), then use the 'return' button to list all storage device of your phone. Then select your SD card if you've put your maps on it.
Also, here is the online help, it could help: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps/onboard-use
Let me know if you still cannot locate your maps.
ptgray

Post by ptgray »

Thanks for reply.
got it.
Great, thanks.