The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Pic waypoints not showing on track

Any question about the app? Ask it here
ksteinke

Pic waypoints not showing on track

Post by ksteinke »

I saved several pic waypoints along various points of our hike today. I could see them on the track before, verified they opened when selecting them from the track, and even edited them with comments and saved everything. I then exported the track/profile. Then I cleared the track from the phone and renamed it in the folder. But now when I select the track those pic waypoints don't load with it. Yet I can still see them in the pictures folder. What do I have to do to get them to show up on the track each time I select it to view it?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Pic waypoints not showing on track

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Be careful when you edit a file name not to do so, otherwise your changes will be lost:
- Display a track from a file;
- Rename the file;
- Edit the displayed track.

This is because the track is loaded into memory, linked to the original file path. When you rename (or move or delete) the file, the track will still be displayed, but not linked to a file anymore.
After renaming a file, be sure to edit the track of the new file.

You can add your pictures back by editing the 'Picture' field of your waypoints. You can use an absolute picture path, a just the picture name is it's in the AlpineQuest pictures folder.

Let me know if it's about another issue.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ksteinke

Post by ksteinke »

Nothing about this app is intuitive and since people want to organize their files you're gonna need to provide clear instructions on how that is to be done. Can it be done from a computer with the phone attached via usb? We need specifics on how to rename and reorganize. I for one don't want all my files in one folder.

You mention below "Be careful when you edit a file name not to do so" but then it sounds like you are providing instructions. I'm confused. Should I "not do so" or should I follow those instructions. And from where can I rename a file? In the app or from within the folders?

You mention that the tracks are loaded into memory. Does that mean the files I see in the folders are different somehow?

And what do you mean by "After renaming a file, be sure to edit the track of the new file." I have no idea what you're saying here.

You mention that I can add my pictures back by editing the 'Picture' field of your waypoints. However my waypoints are no where to be found so I have recreate pic waypoints with fake pics and then edit to link the real pics to the waypoint. Then delete the fake pics.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

You can do whatever you want with your computer: create folders, rename, move, copy GPX files, etc. All your changes will be visible when you start AlpineQuest again. It cannot be more simple.
ksteinke

Post by ksteinke »

You state above how particular this app is about renaming tracks. I can vouch for that since it never works right after renaming one. Then your response is to say that anything can be done from the compute, which is a total contradiction and lie. Obviously you can't manage to fix the bugs.

The real problem is that this app only sorta works on some devices.

Code: Select all

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I had to censor your comment. Note that this is the first time I had to do that since I opened this forum more that 2 years ago. So please keep calm.
Obviously you can't manage to fix the bugs.
If you have a quick look at this forum, you will see that every submitted bugs have been taken into account and corrected.

Concerning your problem:
- My first answer concerned the edition of GPX files using AlpineQuest. There is one very particular limitation that I described to you. Note that AlpineQuest is not a GPX editor. It's an hiking program. However it offers some GPX edition capacity.
- My second answer concerned the edition of GPX files using a computer. As clearly explained, in this case, you can do anything.

There is no contradiction or lie like you are stating.