The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

tracker

Any question about the app? Ask it here
dadbly

tracker

Post by dadbly »

Hi when im out on a ride with the tracker on it only mesures my track/route in a straight line. Yesterday when i was out using it my bike computer told me i had done 13 miles but on the app it was only 4.8 miles?. I use os maps and it didnt follow the road at all!. (not to good if i want to keep the route as a gpx file) . I have the refresh set at medium every 2 sec i think. How do i set things to follow the route i am riding?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: tracker

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
If you got straight lines, it means that the GPS signal was lost during a quite long period.

You can check the precision threshold and try to set a higher value: in the AlpineQuest preferences, under Location Tracker (at the bottom), value 'Precision threshold'. If a location is less precise that this value, the Tracker won't use it.

While biking/riding, be sure also that your device can access the aerial GPS signal. Depending on the weather, sometimes it don't even in a light backpack pocket.
Also, do you use an Android version like Cyanogen? Lot of users reported GPS issues with it.

Hope it will help,
Let me know.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !