The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Registration on multiple devices

Any question about the app? Ask it here
furykid

Registration on multiple devices

Post by furykid »

Hi,

I like AlpineQuest because it definitely is the best routing app from my perspective.
I bought it (the offline version) and I definitely USE it for my outdoor activities on a regularly base on my phone and my tablets.

BUT: Every time I update to a new release I have to reregister all devices again.
I know there is a week between registering different devices but my weekends are not that long ;-)

The typical usecase is to check for updates before I really need the app ( means Friday or Saturday morning)
updating renders my devices useless for the rest of the weekend - when I would like to use them....
and yes I also take my 7" tablet with me because maps do definitely look cooler on bigger screens.

Suggestion ( if you really like to stick to the week-between-devices-check):
1) Dont loose the registration info during updates
2) Use the check for NEW devices only ( You have the Device ID already in your database)!

kr
Jim
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Registration on multiple devices

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Actually the registration e-mail is saved (at least it should be and is on my test phone) between application updates, in order that the users just have to click on the "Update" button, without need to enter anything else:
- When you update the application, do not remove the previous version, it will be automatically updated;
- Then, start the new version and directly go to the register window. You should see your previously used email, and be able to only click on the update button (see button 6 here).

The registration process has been made to match the android market philosophy: one registration e-mail per device. However, the goal is not to overcharge the users, so it's allowed to register another device after one week (this is to avoid massive registrations). To validate this delay, it's important for us to make an online check after each update.

Let me know if the "update" function works for you.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !