The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Using IGN maps in Alpinequest (qct format)

It's all about maps...
Coco

Using IGN maps in Alpinequest (qct format)

Post by Coco »

I did a test of an IGN map (25,000 from the Top 25 series), and I got an error message:

"Not bounded map. The map you've selected has no bounds, the view cannot be slided to a covered area".

Also, I can change the zoom level with the slider, however, when I use the minus sign, the screen reverts to another map (AQM map of the same location).

Two questions. What needs to be done to IGN maps to make them usable with Alpinequest, and is reverting to another map a bug?

Regards,

Ketzie
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Using IGN maps in Alpinequest (qct format)

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

As the message stands, with your particular map, AlpineQuest is not capable to check if the map covers the area you are currently displaying, and if not moving the view to a covered area (the 'map outline' information is missing).
For example, if your map covers the alps, you have to manually point the alps before (or after) selecting your map to display the content.

Concerning the Minus button, that's why it stands for: switching to a less detailed level of detail if any (but that's not the case for QCT maps that only have one level of detail), or selecting another map less detailed available for the current area.

Let me know if you can display the content of the map.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ketzie

Re: Using IGN maps in Alpinequest (qct format)

Post by ketzie »

Hi,

thanks for your rapid reply. Yes, I can see the IGN map if I move it to the current position (as the instructions say!).

Is there a conversion program that can add the missing map outline information?

The OSM map I made for the area isn't bad, but I wanted to see what the IGN map looks like. They have much more info, and the trails and the contour lines are more visible.

Many thanks for your help.

Ketzie