The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Map of hiking trails in San Jacinto Mtns.?

It's all about maps...
Apexpredator65

Map of hiking trails in San Jacinto Mtns.?

Post by Apexpredator65 »

Anybody know where I can find a free downloadable map that works with Alpine Quest for the San Jacinto mountains. Preferably one that has the hiking trails visible on it.
jolly47roger

Re: Map of hiking trails in San Jacinto Mtns.?

Post by jolly47roger »

Have a look a libremap.org There are 1:24000 Topo maps there. MAPC2MAPC will convert to AQM very easily. If the map is California then you need to open the TFW and scroll down to the Libre California grid for other state, you need the UTM zone and NAD83 datum
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
In addition:
- Built-in OpenStreeMap Hike/Cycle online maps has elevation data and some trails;
- MOBAC v1.8 seems to display USGS 15k topo maps (Terraserver USA), you can create an AQM offline map with it.
Hope it helps.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Apexpredator65

Post by Apexpredator65 »

Thanks for the links. The software you suggested. The Mobile Atlas Creator software is confusing as hell though.
Apexpredator65

Post by Apexpredator65 »

Any chance you could email me the map in the correct format that you linked? I can't make heads or trails of that map software and I need that exact map.

*** is my email addy.
PaulWilliam80

Post by PaulWilliam80 »

Great article …Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.