The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Map Creator Not Creating all level selected

It's all about maps...
Gythral

[fixed] Map Creator Not Creating all level selected

Post by Gythral »

I have tried to create maps of Scotland from the Multimap UK OS GB data at levels 8,10,14,15 using Mobile Atlas Creator 1.7.2/AQM, in every case some part of the map is not available in either 14 or 15 or both, usually the areas missing are the small overlaps to the east or south of the area selected. I have tried to overlap the areas of each map, but because of the way this works the 8 & 10 maps overlap a lot!

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

BTW the total data is about 5Gb, atm the files vary from 630Mb down to 400k...
Gythral

Re: Map Creator Not Creating all level for the area selected

Post by Gythral »

Seems that splitting the map into 2 zooms,8 & 10 in 1 map, 14 & 15 in several others with an increased map size of 1048575 has resolved this...

I am also pleasantly surprised at the load times on 800Mb map files on my Galaxy S.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map Creator Not Creating all level for the area selected

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I think that you have the same problem as ukuest (see this post).
I also found what's wrong. It's actually a feature of MOBAC which can automatically split big maps is smaller ones (some MOBAC atlas formats do not support big maps). You can see it before creating the map: in the tree view, you have one entry per level except for the level 16 which has 2 entries, "level 16 (0)" and "level 16 (1)".
The problem is that AQM format doesn't handle this feature correctly and only the first splitted map is taken into account (making an area missing).

You can de-activate this feature in the AQM Map creator: Settings -> Map Size. Add a zero at the end of the default value (set "327670" for exemple).
This feature is useless because AQM maps are not area limited.
I have a fix, a new version of the map creator should be soon released.
Let me know if this is the same problem.
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !